12.27.2008

E&E Slumber Party

During the holiday break, my nieces came to town. Emma Anne (9) braved the slippery roads all the way from Chicago and Emily Marie (12) flew on a 4 hour plane ride from Salt Lake City all by herself! To honor the occasion, we needed a Tata and Niece Slumber Party! They both responded to the Evite I sent a few weeks ago, anticipating the evening filled with movies, make overs, Wii Karaoke and junk food! Before the big event, Emma mentioned "This is really a big step for me, Tata... last time I had a sleep over was when I was 5 and it doesn't count 'cause I didn't have a choice and I got scared!"


To avoid anxiety, we focused on the positive and started the evening at the grocery store. We each got to pick out our favorite junk food. Emily chose Hershey's chocolate with almonds, Emma selected a big box of Hostess Zingers and I chose French Onion dip. Oh... and don't forget the Orange Soda!



Emily received a big Caboodle make up kit for Christmas so we just had to do makeovers! Emily was our make up artist and Emma was our hair designer. They pretended we were on What Not To Wear and gave me fashion tips. Emily knew what she was talking about "... and then you dot your eyelid with white to open your eyes..." and Emma taught us how to best apply Hannah Montana hair glitter... I definitely learned a few things! I love how Emily can multi-task... applying mascara, talking on the phone AND giving me fashion tips!




My completed look...


The many model faces of Emily Marie... surprised, serious and silly!!





The fashion show included dressing up in my dresses
and strutting it in heels. Since I'm a size 6 shoe and Emily is an 8,
she was a good sport about going barefoot!







After our show and dancing, we washed our faces,
got in our jammies and played Boogie and Wii Karaoke!
Emily and Emma did a great job dancing and singing!






By 10:30, we all needed some wind down time... we made popcorn and watched Mamma Mia. We sang to the songs and bopped our heads to the music. It was really fun to watch it on the LCD projector... felt just like we were at the movies!

By midnight, the movie was over, our eyes were drooping and it was time for bed. Emma and Emily snuggled up to their stuffed animals and blankets, the camping lantern nightlight was lit (via battery, of course) and goodnight hugs were exchanged. Soon all three of us were fast asleep!

Fortunately no one really stirred until 8/9am the next day and both girls slept through the night. Regardless, Emily and I still looked like we could have used a bit more sleep...



And Emma, bright-eyed as usual, called her mom
to tell her how excited she was that she made it
through her first real sleep over!




Thanks, Emily and Emma, for a great time!
You are both kind and fantastically fun people!

3 comments:

Ginger n Matt said...

I am ridiculously jealous! I want a makeover!!! haha It looks like you all had so much fun :D

smiles, Sharon said...

What a beautiful memory you have provided for Emma, Emily and yourself. This will be a treasured day in 2008. Your posting and photos shows the love and fun that only Tata Ashley can provide...and of course, her love of her life, Daniel.

felicity said...

Um, you make the rest of us aunties look like boring dorks compared to you! What fun! You're the greatest.