8.25.2009

Pyrates life for me!

Welcome to Greenville, North Carolina!

Although there were moments of "are we ever going to make it?"
we've done it... we've moved and gained residency in an entirely new state!



Daniel is pursuing grad school in Maritime Studies/History at Eastern Carolina University. He has a love of the sea and it's wonderful to see this all fall into place for him. The program will be for at least two years and discussions are already underway about a thesis and it was only his first day today!

I'll have a change of pace as well... taking a break from public ed and working one-on-one with students with disabilities. I'll also be working with teachers in rural areas, teaching them best practices of working with students with disabilities. I'm pretty excited for the change.
All in all, the transition is going well and am enjoying the last few days of summer before I begin working next week.

My hope is, during this move, is to keep you all posted on our NC adventures on this blog... I do think I need to change the name of it, though... possibly Pyrate's DnA*... what do you think?



Arghhhh!


*The next few years will be consumed with everything-pyrate I presume... ECU's mascot is the pirates and, let's face it, my husband will be studying everything martime!

3 comments:

Merry said...

I would like to say that according to your map, we are almost on the same latitude. That means that we should try to meet up sometime. :) I am glad that you are both getting more settled and hopefully you will enjoy it here. I have never been that far east before, but I am sure that you will grow to love it.

Sarah H said...

Wow, what a big change! I can't wait to hear more about your time there.

Ashley-Anne and Daniel Brown said...

Merry - sounds great! I would LOVE to meet up. I'm hoping we'll make it over your way before Christmas. You are all welcome here anytime! :)

Sarah - thanks for your interest! This blog just might be my life-line until I get a few.... uhm... friends! :) How are you?